Your career is too important to take a risk.
When it comes to creating a standout résumé, you want to be sure it gets your foot in the door. You need a professional to customize your approach.
But here’s the challenge……
Google “résumé writer” and you’ll get more than 7 million results. At the date of this publication, there’s no regulating body to guide you.
So how do you know who to hire? They go by many names:
- Résumé Writer
- Personal Branding Expert
- Career Marketing Strategist
- Job Search Strategist
- (insert other here)
Regardless of their title, a true professional can help you rise to the top of the applicant pile.
Here’s what to keep in mind during your search.
Start by knowing what you need.
The Holy Trinity of Job Search Success:
- Cover Letter
- LinkedIn Profile
These are the tools everyone – junior level to executive – needs. A savvy professional can tell you when you need additional things like a “bio” or networking résumé. These 3 tools work together to move your name to the top of the interview list.
Once you know what you need, you’ll want to know the cost. And you already know the answer:
You get what you pay for.
A 2017 survey of Career Professional Canada (CPC) members revealed an executive level résumé can cost anywhere from $325 to $2000 with the bulk landing somewhere in the middle. The price depends on who you go to, their credentials, and what they provide.
Let’s start with the who. LinkedIn is your go-to when you need a quality résumé writer.
You’re looking for someone who:
- Has their full name posted along with their photo and contact information.
- Personally responds to your email in a timely fashion.
- Has relevant work experience so they’re skilled in marketing talent to prospective employers. At the very least, they should have completed training or certification.
- Offers a free, no-obligation discovery call.
- Doesn’t farm out their work or use templates. You want to talk directly to the expert who will craft your unique documents.
- Shares examples of their work. This gives you an idea of how they can showcase your contributions and customize your application.
- Has a decent looking website. The care they take in presenting themselves is reflective of how they’ll present you, too.
- Takes their time. Custom-made résumé packages take anywhere from 10-15 business days. You want someone who cares enough about your success to make sure it’s done right.
During a discovery call, a premium writer will:
- Assess your current résumé, your obstacles, and your job search plan.
- Discuss their tailor-made approach to fit your specific needs. Over half of the recruiters will reject a one-size-fits-all résumé (Careerbuilder, 2016) so it’s important to work with someone who knows how to custom write documents that generate interest.
- Outline the research that will go into your résumé. This allows your application to reflect the company you’re addressing and how you’ll meet its needs.
- Explain their in-depth intake process. This information gathering step is key in extracting your achievements that are showcased strategically in your documents to help you stand out from the hundreds of other applicants.
You deserve to shine!
It’s this level of customization and polish that allows you to outshine the competition to get your name on the “must call” list. Take your time selecting a true professional who understands. When it comes to your career, you can’t afford to risk going “generic”.
Here’s how to get started.
If you’d like to discuss how we can work together to create a résumé to help get your foot in the door, click here to set up a free discovery call.
Hi! I’m Diana.
I leverage over 10 years recruitment and sales/marketing experience to create attention-grabbing résumés, cover letters, and Linkedin profiles that help job seekers stand out, get noticed, and get hired.
Need help? That’s what I’m here for!
Are you in the midst of a job search and not getting the results you want? Or are you’re thinking of making a change and want to make sure you get started off on the right foot? Then I recommend you reach out for some help. You can contact me directly here!
Free résumé help below!
If you haven’t done so already, just click on the links below for and download these valuable PDFs:
I look forward to helping you with your career success!